Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pennie Jo Update

I believe I have located Pennie Jo. She is on Facebook but I don't think is very active there as she only has 6 friends and no photo of herself. I located her family business and have sent an email there. Hopefully I will hear back and her photos will be on their way back to her. Having her date of birth is what made the search so easy.

11/8/2015: I never heard back from either the family business or any friends I contacted. I do not understand why people don't respond. If someone contacted me that they had old family photos of my family I'd be thrilled. I sometimes think people think I have an ulterior motive or am looking to sell the photos. Neither could be further from the truth. I simply believe photos should be returned to the person or family they belong to. I actually pay to obtain these photos and only once did I state I would appreciate being reimbursed for postage because a particular album was heavy.  There have been 3 or 4 times when I wasn't able to locate the person until after they had died. Twice it involved scrapbooks kept by the deceased when they were in school. I know they would have loved seeing their scrapbooks again. I would love to have Pennie Jo reunited with her photos before she dies but I'm not sure that will happen.

11/10/2015: Pennie Jo was located, through a friend of hers on Facebook, and did not want any of these photos back. In fact, she knew about them as she had discarded them after her mother's death. I wish she would have destroyed them since she didn't want them. I wasted time looking for her when I could have reunited photos with those who would have appreciated having their photos back. I also wish her family business had replied to my message when I let them know about the photos in 2013. Frankly, I think it was rude not to have replied. So, I have thrown away Pennie Jo's photos but have the photos of her classmates still available should they want them returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment