Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Ruth Hanson: Photo Returned to Family


I’m happy to report that one of my photos has been identified. I posted 4 senior photos I had found at an antique store in St. Paul, MN. One photo included a full name, Ruth Hanson. Jessica Bies, a reporter for the St. Peter Herald in St. Peter, MN did a story on my blog and the photos. The story was also reported in the Minnesota River Valley Shopper. Ellis Jones, a retired Gustavus professor, saw the story and photos. He recognized the name Ruth Hanson so sent the paper to Ann McGovern in Northfield, Mn, asking if this Ruth Hanson was her mother. Sure enough, she was. I’m happy to report I’ve sent the photo to Ann.

Ruth Hanson grew up in St. Peter, MN with 8 siblings. She graduated from Mankato State Teacher’s College. We think the photo is likely her college senior photo, not high school. She became a teacher and spent her life teaching children. She looks like such a kind person in her photo, I can imagine that school children loved her.

For Ruth Hanson and all who teach: “A teacher affects eternity; she can never tell where her influence stops.” 
( Henry Brooks Adam )


No comments:

Post a Comment