Monday, August 12, 2013

Moe's Grill Room

It's time to resume this blog. Today's photo is not a very good quality photo and I know next to nothing about it. It was in my Dad's photo album so it is likely from New Jersey or New York, certainly the east coast as he never left that area until WWII. The photo was taken in the 1920's or 1930's. It is of Moe's Grill Room. Google has not proven to be a help. I'd like to know where it is and whether it is still in operation.

When I enlarged the photo I can read "our tavern" on the garage, with something underneath I cannot make out.


Edited March 6 2015: Thank you to the reader, Theresa Dempsey, who provided a link to more information about this place, which is very old and near Greenwood Lake, NJ. My Dad spent a lot of time at the lake, a friend had a cottage there. Dad said that is where he played poker with Babe Ruth. 

Here is the link:
njpostalhistory.org/media/archive/059-sep84njph.pdf



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever find anything out about this establishment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. njpostalhistory.org/media/archive/059-sep84njph.pdf
    This will give you the information that you want on this establishment!!
    That was FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa Dempsey! Somehow I missed your reply of last May. The location of Moe's makes sense, Greenwood Lake was one of my Dad's favorite hangouts!

      Delete