Friday, March 13, 2015

Schindehutte in Pennsylvania

The first two photos are together, the other two are from the same batch of photos I bought on eBay. They may or may not be related to the people in the other two photos. The photos came from Pennsylvania. Some of the photos in the batch were developed in Elizabethtown, PA.

One photo, which seems to have been cut from a larger photo is labeled Elenor and George Schindehutte. Yes, Elenor is the spelling on the photo. I would guess it to be a 1940's photo. The photo of the man alone is labeled G. W Schindehutte. 


The photo of the 3 women is labeled "This was taken when Flora was up here."

The photo of the woman standing by the house is labeled "Jo's House (back) corner".


Edited 3/14/2015: George Schindehutte and his wife Eleanor had a daughter Georgianne, who I believe graduated from North Lebanon High School in PA in 1969. I would like to find her to return these photos. She seems registered at classmates but of course they won't let me send a message to her unless I join.


4 comments:

  1. Hello
    My name is J. Schindhütte from Germany.
    I have an old letter laying around here given to me by my grandmother.
    The return adress says G.W. Schindehutte.
    They send care pagackes to my grandmother after the 2nd WW.

    If you have any further detailed informations, please contact me.
    I would be really interessted in finding their doughter.

    Sincerly, J. Schindehütte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan,

      After messaging with you on Facebook the photos are on their way to you. I am glad to read the Schindehuttes sent care packages to your grandmother after the war.

      Delete
  2. I know Georgianne Schindehuttes and she has been trying to reach you about the photos. You can reach me at aprettyman@rphome.org
    Thank You,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can contact me at eomcbride@gmail.com. I no longer have the photos, I sent them to a Schindehutte family in Germany who were related.

      Delete