Sunday, September 8, 2013

Emerson Album: January 1933 Miami Beach

These 6 photos were taken on January 5, 1933 in Miami Beach. I was pleasantly surprised to find writing on the back, in addition to 2 names: a British Officer named Fred Habberley, and a boyfriend of Hilly's named Clifford Willingham. Those are not real common names so I'm hopeful of finding out more about them, and that might lead to finding out more about the owner of this album.

Update: Still no inquires on this album. Reposting.
"And here's me with Cliffy. Isn't it a peach. My hair looks (?bum) on this one. Like the hole in my shoe."
"This is Hilly & her steady boyfriend, Clifford Willingham. Taken at the back of her cottage and mine also.  Nice &  (?hot).I'm sending you these pictures to put in your album, darling."
"This is a picture of a British Officer Fred Habberley, a very good friend of Hilly's and of course you know me & how! This was taken at Miami Beach, we all went down for the day."
Franny, Fred Habberley & I.Fred was showing me something which got in his eye.  But I could do no good at all.Won't I make a heck of a nurse."


"Hilly & Fred, looks very bashful, doesn't she?"

"And now for the 3 sisters. Not half bad, eh! We look like niggers & am I black, well I guess.Isn't it sweet of Hilly tho! "















No comments:

Post a Comment